Suggestions on placement and flow for a Colt

saltyrich

I was interested in any experience out there with keeping a colt coral happy. The local lfs has several colts in different places within the display tank. I've got excellent flow throughout the tank with a few designated spots that are much slower for inhabitants that require such conditions. What about placement? High medium or low in the tank? I've got a 30 gallon tall tank that is 2 feet in height. Any suggestions out there?

stuckinfla

I have mine 1/2 up in 55 under 2x175 MH under med flow and it has dbld in size in the past month....going to have to frag soon at this rate. I heard they can do with less light (just not NO i think)

flipper263

I have mine under NO lights and it just won't stop growing. It is spreading all on its own. I have it in all areas of the tank, high low and otherwise and it just keeps growing!

footbag

Cots are pretty easy. It will survive in almost any flow or lighting, but adding flow will make it sway. This is a great effect, and one of the reasons I like colt corals.

*bta*

Colts do not require lighting from what i was told, they filter feed off of the stuff in the water, mines in a slight flow so that some brances sway a bit.