suggestions on plumbing my 800

redsharky

finally convinced the wife to let me have my 800 baby back in the house.. i am tearindown my 300 shark tank to transfer them in the large tank... im going to be using a 240 gallon sump (4x4x2) outdoor hooked up to my dolphin ampmaster 3000. thinking of using my old lifeguard fluidized sand filter or a biological tower. still thinking on maybe building a large skimmer using a beckett injector like a down draft (etss). does anyone know if i used my ozonizer if it could hurt the sharks??? any other suggestions would be appreciated.. hopefully i can work on this next week.. i will be posting pics of my progress

requiem

I have desinged and set up many systems. I would be willing to help you. I will need to see some pic of your aquarium and filters. So that I can see what I am working with. So that I could help on the setup of the filter system.
REQUIEM
PS what type of sharks are you gooing to keep.

redsharky

the dimensions on the tank are 8feet by 4.5 feet and 3 feet tall.... tank is made out of all cast acrylic i think the thickness is 1" all the way... tank is super heavy for being acrylic.. i hope i can put some pics up soon.. been too busy THANKS requiem... nice 2700 tank :yes: maybe one day after i move

fishnerd

I design and maintain commercial systems for a living.
A downdraft skimmer is not feasible to inject ozone into. You would need an ozone reactor, or use a venturi, needle wheel, etc method of injection. Remember that PVC does not hold up with ozone applied.
Proper use of ozone will not harm your sharks. Seeing that you are spending alot on this setup, I would say buy a redox/ORP controller so you don't add excessive ozone to the system. If you aren't familiar with ozone, please read up on it. It is wonderful when used properly. Indiscriminate use of ozone is dangerous to your livestock and family.
PS- If you build your own skimmer for use with ozone, can sell you a new Mazzei 1078 venturi valve (1"mpt x 1"mpt) for $30. It would be more than enough for your skimmer.

P

pas13

How do you clean an 800 gallon tank? Seriously-- it's not big enough to dive into like a 2700 would be, but you can't reach the bottom from the outside. I'm really curious how people do it. What's your plan? :notsure:

ophiura

Originally Posted by fishnerd
If you aren't familiar with ozone, please read up on it. It is wonderful when used properly. Indiscriminate use of ozone is dangerous to your livestock and family.

Advice to take to heart :yes: