suggestions please!

pikapp168

starting a aggressive tank-I have a 75G what should I get? I was thinking of a lion and a eel but what kind of eel and how many fish can go in it as well as how well do they play with inverts...I have a cleaner shrimp, purple lobster, and a coral banded shrimp? Thanks!

sharkboy13

agg fish and inverts no play nice, tho a eel and lion wouldnt be a bad mix, depending on species both, i would do sfe, maybe an antennata or fuzzy dwarf. for cleanup i would do hermits and snails. also if u want another fish id go w/ a small toby puffer

katiev

I would say a snowflake or a zebra eel. A fu manchu or fuzzy dwarf lion would be okay. Having an eel means being okay with it eating your inverts. 'Tis just the way it is. :)

pikapp168

Originally Posted by katiev
I would say a snowflake or a zebra eel. A fu manchu or fuzzy dwarf lion would be okay. Having an eel means being okay with it eating your inverts. 'Tis just the way it is. :)
I really like the Fimbriated Eel. They look nice and don't get extremely big. Also, do eels try and escape? The last thing I need is to wake up and see my cat playing with it. LOL

sharkboy13

sometimes, i have seen suicidal eels, but a fimby would be a bad choice for a 75 and for multiple species tanks, they will attempt to eat any fish

garnet13aj

I have a snowflake eel and I really like him, but as people have said above, inverts won't last long in an aggressive tank.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by gman08016
i have a green moray little over 3 feet & large lion and there fine in my 90 gal
dude, u kno that eels gonna need like a 1000gal plus rite?

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by gman08016
i have a green moray little over 3 feet & large lion and there fine in my 90 gal
this is a joke :mad:

ccg24

I have a Lg Lion a Snowflake eel and a Porcupine puffer... and several surviving Damsels in a 135 gal there really great but good luck on figuring out a clean up crew!!! I have a few snails acouple of lil baby hermits and a crab some place in there I have seen a few times.... but I can't figure out the type of clean up that I want or need because apparntly everything in there could be on the menu at any point! everything I want to buy I can't have because one will eat the other or something...

gman08016

Originally Posted by surfinusa
this is a joke :mad:
Everybody has there own preference on fish & ells .I had them for over 3 years and doing just find.I"am not saying i have a phd in fish but give me a break with your comments.I'll send u pics to see.Also have 3 tangs and a toad fish in with them.