Suggestions?

ladies man 246

Hair alage is starting to become a big factor of taking over my tank. I went to Atlantis Aquariums and they told me to put some Phosgaurd in my protien skimmer. It's still growing and it's been a few days. Any other suggestions on getting rid of it? Please respond!

anthropo

i got the same problem but i know what you can do...use RO water when doing water changes, not keep the lights on as long and get a descent clean up crew of snails.

reefmate75

LAWN MOWER BLENNY!!!! i want one really badly but hair algee dosent live very long in my tank and im afrade he will die after he ate all of it up
if you dont have any corals ( which isnt likly) then just leave your lights off for a week and your done with algee hehe
and yes dont use tap water, you can get away with it for awhile and then one day hair starts to grow and you cant figure it out, its the tap water, tap can also make cyno (red slime), green film alge and other non wanted algees to grow really fast, like bubble alge also
so if your useing a RO/DI check that water for phosphates, if your useing tap start useing RO