Sump "Diary"

stevedave08

I'm going to Lowe's to get the egg crate. Did you get the glue there also? If so, what's the brand or name so I can find it. Seems to have worked well.

shwstpr88

Lowes did have it, but only in the little tubes that make your hands hurt. I bought a large tube for a caulk gun for like 10 bucks plus 4 to ship on yabe.

shwstpr88

OMG! so 7 hours later the sump is done and I cant move lol Really tired post pix in the morning good night SWF!

shwstpr88

OMG! so 7 hours later the sump is done and I cant move lol Really tired post pix in the morning good night SWF!

shwstpr88

Ok here is the finished product! I really underestimated the time and work I needed to put in to tear down the old sump clean the sand out transfer into the new sump store some of the "good" water into buckets with the live rock. phew it was a CHORE! Took about 7 hours from start to finish all by myself. I did reroute the pvc to be a bit cleaner. But enough chat heres the pictures. Oh one last thing...that skimmer is AWESOME!!! I have some adjusting to do as it filled the cup in like 10min lol So I adjusted the pipe down and it seems to be more typical but may need to raise it again we will see what it looks like when I get hom from work.....

So thats it now my next couple projects are to wait for my new T5 lights to come in very excited about that. Unfortunately I am actually transferring all my fish out of the tank due to an unexpected ICH issue all are well I caught it early so in a month or so I will be in good shape.