Sump for a 20 Long

fish_kisses

I am going to start a 20 gallon long tank with rock and sand from the 55 gallon that I am tearing down. A buddy of mine is building the stand so that I can put a 10 gallon sump/fuge under the tank. I am trying to do this with as little money as possible since my wife is getting perterbed with me. Anyone with pics or a diagram of how to set this up? I've got two penguin powerheads, I don't remember how big they are, but could I use that as a return pump? Anyways thoughts, suggestions, and directions would be greatly appreciated.:notsure:

fish_kisses

I know that I may not need one, but I'd like to set one up because I've got a lot of live rock that I don't want to get rid of, and if I can utilize it for filtration, then why waste it??

overanalyzer

OK is hte 20 long going to be drilled?? how fast a flow rate will you be needing (how big is the over flow line - how far away is hte return line starting - how big is hte return line?)? I am nto a whiz on figuring pump strength and such - but you will need to know that much to get a decent pump so you can have the right return rate!

fish_kisses

I'm not really sure what I'll use , but This will be the first one that I've done. So I was just looking for people who could give me an idea of how to go about it....And I wasn't planning on drilling the tank, I would just have an over the back of the tank overflow and inlet...But I just have to wait till my stand is built, and I can get everything set up to start measuring.