Sump help needed

logen32

hey guys
Im starting up a 100 gallon tank (72"X18"X18") and I have a question about the sump i want to make for it. The stand has a section in the middle not allowing me to get a decent size sump( I want a sump and refrigum) .....so what i was thinking is making a 2 aquarium sump.....
I have room for probably 2 25-30 gallons( the section dimentions are 30.5" L x 18.5 W x 23"H).
So I was hoping someone can help me out with an idea on how to do this......I was thinking drilling holes into the aquariums and attaching them with a bulk head thread....Would this work ?
Also Im wondering if someone can help me out with how to set up the baffels for these two tanks
Thanks
Mike

2quills

Here's a sketch and a couple of pictures for two 20g tanks. One is a 20g Long and the other is a 20g Tall. I think they would be perfect for your 100g display tank. In all 3 cases these set ups are designed for the drain line to be split and feed the skimmer section and the refugium section separately.

Here's a shot of a couple of acrylic tanks a member here made that is the same type of set up...

And one more of another member here Sparty's sump set up with two 20g tanks 20 tall/20 long which is the same set up as the sketch above...