SUMP PLUMBING QUESTION.....

broomer5

Pretty much based on 4 feet of head.
One thing I will mention, this is all based upon using the Rio2100 at 4 feet.
If you ever decide to upgrade to another pump, you will still be limited by whatever overflow you purchase now.
I'd shoot for about a 600 GPH overflow - that will give you added insurance, most likely a 1" drain line, and room to move up a little pump wise.
Oh yeah - one more point.
If you ever plan to move up to a larger tank someday, you may want to buy an oversized overflow now - say 1000 gph or whatever ( compare prices ) and it will still work on your 55.
I wish I had spent a few more bucks when I got mine - but hindsight's 20/20 ;)
Wish you luck and have fun Pat !
And CosmosBasement - whatever happend with your setup ???
Brian

Hey gang-Just flippin' through this post and wondered what the heck it's doing back up here on the list. Anyway, here's an update:
I tried using my 802 just to see what would happen and didn't really like the way it worked and looked for that matter. Went out and got me a Ehiem pump from my LFS and put it in the 10 gallon sump. Works great!! Thanks for all your help people!!! 'trates are way way down and now I'm in the middle of building a compartment in my sump to house some macro-algae. My display looks awesome. I have an issue though and I'm going to post it up on a sperate topic. Maybe you all can help me make my decision.
Well, here it goes.
peace
doug