Sump Question

daceman89

I was thinking of buying this same sump only 48x24x20
What do you guys think about this Refuge Sump setup
The Reef Sump is 36"x18"x18". Made out of 3/8" thick cast acrylic for strength and beauty. It has a built in refugium with slow flow capabilities. It also has 3 baffles to help reduce bubbles going back in to the main show tank. A large skimmer/overflow compartment allows you to fit larger skimmers or equipment in the sump.
Front view of sump. The skimmer compartment is on the right and the refugium in the front left. You can see the baffles behind the refugium.
Front View

daceman89

Originally posted by chriscobb
No way man!!!!!!!! That is way overpriced. Hell you can go to the acrylic dealer and do it cheaper yourself. It's going to cost me $225.00 to do mine at 66"x30"x24"

My friend told me he could get me that same sump with refuge with these demension 48x24x20 for $420 do you think thats still too expensive :notsure:

wildemon

If that actually is a MyReef sump, Andy is fixing to start using a CNC for cutting. That will definately put him in the powertool category.
William Fisher

daceman89

that looks like an "andy-sump" ... i just got one of his C-reactors... very well made
good luck [/B]
It is Andys sump what you think for the money

flatzboy

Theres a guy on ---- who will cut all the acylic pieces for you and send them to you with instructions weld-on and the needle to do everything with. I had him make one for me and it was cheap and extremely easy to do.