Sump/Refug setup question

faqbch99

I am setting up a new 150 with my 1st Sump/fuge. I have seen many people say use LR only, some use Sand and RL, and some use Carib Sea Mineral MUD, I have even seen people talk about Clay Cat Litter.
I plan to have several types of Macro and LR, but what O what to use as the base substrate? I have some live sand i could just put down there.
Any Suggestions, tips, tricks, would be helpful.
Thanks.

spnohio

i would like to know also. I just recently got a 75 gallon with sump and fug.. any advice - shoulds I use tubing ot pvc? the directions that cam with the ecosystem weren't very clear.

saltfinsax

Anything to add more water to the systom will help, something is better then nothing. There is alot of different ways to setting the cleaning system up and you will have to reserch what's best fits you money, time and skill at setting it up.
I myself went kinda basic and have a 20gal. wet/dry with LR rubble and my skimmer in it as well. My sump/ruf, is a 40gal with a sock and will have macro and LR in it as well. This is set up on my 125 reef. I can post a pic if you want.

sharkbyte

We have a 90 DT with a 30 refug, I have live rock rubble (leftovers from my previous tank), a 65W PC light (another leftover) and bunck of cheeto for coepods. I did not use any sand as I did not want any chance of sand to get stirred up and then end up in my return pump. As for plumbing I went with 1-1/2 PVC but thick walled tubing of similar size should work.