Sump Setup Advice

geckoxp

Ok so I went into my LFS today to price out a Berlin type setup for my 90G Reef tank. I priced out the following at 30L X 14W and 14 3/4 H, overflow, tubing going into the system, tubing from the pump out, pump, protein skimmer and I am sure I am missing something here...
Now they would instal for free but they wanted 923.33 for everything...
I am pretty sure I can do this on my own here...tell me if this sounds right or if anyone recommends another way to go with the below details?
Eshopps Reef Sumps RS-200 at 30L x 12W x 16H at $199
Mag 7 Pump at $74.99 (Will this be good enough or should I go 9.5?)
10' of black 3/4th return hose at about $12
ASM G2 Protein Skimmer rated for 200G for $248.85 (Is this the way to go?)
EShopps Overflow Box PF800 at $42.69 (again should I go different?)
Return Nozzle back into the tank $5.99
Everything for a little over $600 total...call me dumb here but not unless I am missing something I can't think of anything else I would need...any further FYIs in terms of what you think I should go with?
Thanks for all the help everyone!

geckoxp

Bump...just one question about the above and I think I am good...
Should I go with a Mag 7 or 9.5 pump for this system? If I get either pump is there anything I need or is there anything to recommend for the system to install the pump?
The Overflow is rated at 800GPH so the 700 is rated at 450gph at 4ft while the 9.5 is rated at 800...sooo pardon the idiot here I feel that the 9.5 is the way to go?

jackri

I'm not sure which one I have in my frag tank sump... but I have it throttled waaay back. It's just too violent of a turnover for both my sump and tank and very noisy so I dialed it down and I have a Tunze pushing serious flow throughout my tank.
Hope that helps you out as I don't think you need water just blasting through the sump.

geckoxp

So basically im just worried about the flow back and the 700 will be more then enough then...dont need it blasting out...just reading that you want the overflow and pump to match the gph...ive got 1 1200 and 1 1200 upgraded to 1600 powerhead running in the tank and im not having issues with deadspots...well maybe a bit on the sides but nothing much anywhere else...so this would be another flow in the tank which then I should have more then enough water flow in the tank...so i guess mag 7 it is.

reefraff

Originally Posted by GeckoXp
http:///forum/post/3119331
So basically im just worried about the flow back and the 700 will be more then enough then...dont need it blasting out...just reading that you want the overflow and pump to match the gph...ive got 1 1200 and 1 1200 upgraded to 1600 powerhead running in the tank and im not having issues with deadspots...well maybe a bit on the sides but nothing much anywhere else...so this would be another flow in the tank which then I should have more then enough water flow in the tank...so i guess mag 7 it is.
Mag 7 will be good. Not sure exactly what you are running for powerheads but you want at least 900 gallons an hour of waterflow in the tank. I'd shoot for a couple thousand myself. If those are Maxijets you are talking about convert one to a Maxi Mod if you haven't already done so.