Sump??

jcs69

What equipment is required to use a sump with an undrilled tank. 10 gall sump, 37 gall tank??

jcs69

Should I drill the sump ??? Would I be able to include a heater, skimmer, and my canister lines??? I'm running a fluval 304, and a powerhead. And a Prizm Deluxe Red Sea Skimmer. I would leave the powerhead in the tank for circulation, but could I run the canister into the sump??? Is it worth setting up this sump??

squidd

Originally posted by jcs69
Should I drill the sump ???
>>>No need to with the HOB overflow and submersable return pump<<<
Would I be able to include a heater, skimmer, and my canister lines???
>> Yes, they can all go in the sump<<<
I'm running a fluval 304, and a powerhead. And a Prizm Deluxe Red Sea Skimmer. I would leave the powerhead in the tank for circulation, but could I run the canister into the sump???
>>> Powerhead in tank is good for circulation ... The canister should be set with input line near the overflow drain (where the water comes in) and the out put line near the return pump<<
Is it worth setting up this sump??
>>> A sump will "hide" the equipment you have listed and add water volume to the tank "system" which aids in stability...this is good<<<

squidd

Only on a very, very, LOW flow system or a Very small tank..
Canister pumps are made to "flow through" water as in... the water "pressure" coming down one tube (gravity)"equals out" the the head pressure needed to pump back up...
So the canister just "helps" the water flow through...
To pump from a lower tank to a higher one...you will only get 100-140 gph...Way to low for a "practical" application...