Sumpless Skimmer?

mythrenody

is there a skimmer where i run without a sump under my stand? Or could i have a small sump and run a skimmer next to it and have a return straight from the skimmer?

dragonzim

Are you looking specifically for something that would sit under the tank? If not there are lots of options for hang on back skimmers. I've got an AquaC Remora on my 75 and it is fantastic.

mythrenody

No,i have a HOB Skimmer. My LFS has a skimmer that's running beside their frag tank and it's on top of a box and the inlet or return goes into this box.

viper_930

Sounds like you're asking for inline skimmers, but unfortunately they don't exist. With inlines you can't stop the water from the output pipe from overflowing into the collection cup unless the collection cup is kept above the output. But then in that case it might as well just be a HOB.

X

xoxox

I suppose you could have a line from the tank run into the skimmer but the skimmer would still have to exit into a sump. You would still need a seperate return pump and it would be difficult to 'match' the flow (between the pump on the skimmer flowing the water in and the return pump flowing it back to the tank) without some other line into and out of the sump.

reefer75

Yes there is a sumpless skimmer. If you buy the terminator skimmer there is a sumpless kit you cab buy for a 100.00.
Sump-less Kit for Terminator II Skimmer
* Conversion kit transforms the Terminator Skimmer into a sump-less system
* Eliminates the need for an expensive sump system
* Sump-less Terminator Skimmer functions like a canister filter

mythrenody

Originally Posted by reefer75
Yes there is a sumpless skimmer. If you buy the terminator skimmer there is a sumpless kit you cab buy for a 100.00.
Sump-less Kit for Terminator II Skimmer
* Conversion kit transforms the Terminator Skimmer into a sump-less system
* Eliminates the need for an expensive sump system
* Sump-less Terminator Skimmer functions like a canister filter
Who makes this skimmer?

reefer75

Originally Posted by MyThrenody
Who makes this skimmer?
Sorry so late with the reply, but it is by terminator.