sumps and drains

Hello,
I was gluing some of the pipework when I thought that my drain plan was something of a problem.
I did some research on the net and found that I do have a problem.
I have a 220 set up to use a Aqua Supreme 1800 in sump pump with a head height of 6.5 feet. 3/4" return line with UV offshoot from one of the 2 return lines. Should give about 1050 gph flow, minus the UV extra pipes drawing down the flow.
The problem: The 2 1" drains won't drain enough I think. Other websites say that the 600 gph built in overflows have the 1.5" drain pipe, but it channels down to a 1" pipe. The One site said that after adding horizontal and elbow draws...the downward flow may be as little as 300 gph.
So putting almost 1000gph in tank and getting under 700 gph drain.
Has anyone had experience with Marineland built in corner overflows?
If so what was your flow?
Do you think I should get another set of drain holes drilled. I put the plumbing on hold till I get this sorted out.
thanks

E

eric b 125

if your pump is pushing more water into your tank than your overflow can handle, then the fix is simple. either downgrade your pump, or put a ball valve on your return plumbing (should have this installed anyway) and close it off a little bit until your flow is right.