Sumps and other filtration

red tiger

You don't have to modify your tank, it be helpful and aesthetically pleasing, but you can purchase an overflow box that hangs on like a hang on the back filter that transfers the water down to your sump.
There are various set ups, for beginners a basic tank that you can place your skimmer, reactors, etc and can serve as a fuge and/or increase water volume.
What size tank do you have now? And does your stand allow for sump tank under?

mr. limpid

In my opinion sump/refum are the best way to go, all natural, low maintenance; wet/dry: natural, little more maintenance (need to rinse bio-balls); canister filtration: can be natural or chemical (less volume for natural so most use chemical (lot of discussion about chemical) lot of maintenance required. There you have it three basic filtration methods, there are a lot of different add on components out there and you can even mix and match depending on your desires.

The flowers in my house aren't very strong would only hold a full 100g what size tank would I need for a refumeum under a 75g tank

mr. limpid

a 20gal long would work nicely. As for weight on your floors, standard construction for floor dead load is 100LB per square foot. So figure floor area of your stand say your stand is 48"x18" then the square inches is 864/144 to get square feet = 6sf multiply that by 100 = 600lbs that area can hold. Salt water weighs 8.55 lb per gallon plus the weight of the stand, tanks, rocks and sand. Hope this will help.