Sun Coral won't eat

zibnata

I have the soda bottle over the Sun coral to trap food and there is mysis shrimp on top the coral, but no polyps.I just got it yesterday . does it need time to adjust before it will eat ? thanks

R

royalshrimp

yeah mine used to never come out during the day... but when i put it in the shade, it learned to come out , but it took a while till it ate... but good luck

zibnata

Do I have to wait untill the tenacles come out ? Lights stay on untill 10 pm so if it takes several hours to open I need to feed at midnight or so ?

zibnata

Tried to feed it again last night.It would not eat.Could I leave the soda bottle with the food in it all night ? Will it sufficate ? Are these questions dumb ? :help:

bang guy

Originally posted by zibnata
so if it takes several hours to open I need to feed at midnight or so ?

Yep!
If you give it a small whiff of food often they will open 5 - 10 minutes later.
Leaving it overnight with a bottle over it could kill it.

enomadra

Mine did not want to eat or open when I first got it. I let it get use to the tank then when I saw that it was not opening I used a surenge (without the needle) to inject food in it slowly and that made it open up. I was then able to feed it.:D

zibnata

Thanks all, It actually had mysis shrimp one night and brine the next night, laying right on it and it didnt open. I guess it needs more time to adjust.

bang guy

Sorry,
Right now it has Lots of Ricordea yuma, a flourescent green Nepthia, A green Flowerpot, A squamosa Clam, 2 Rose Anemone, a Foxface, 5 breeding pairs of Banggai Cardinalfish, A bunch of Clown Gobies, a few Lawnmower Blennies, and tons of Polyps.

reefrobber

i agree with waterfaller tht would be awesome that sounds like a neat lagoon!!! i thought you had sharks and rays or something but that is a neat community :D