Sun coral

mary

Thanks for correcting me. At this point I think what I am doing is proving to work for my sun coral. It is performing beautifully and excepting all the varied diet I am giving it so will continue as have been doing. Again thank you for clarifying.

C

caryn_ia

spline, it's doing okay. Reason being, no change. None good, none bad. It gets a little puffy later at night, but still hasn't opened completely. It doen't have any new dead spots, so I assume it's doing all right. I spot feed it every other/three days, and let it sit on the polyp head area, but has yet to eat any. So I just keep trying, and hope that it will soon. :D

spline9

Well thats good to hear. Maybe it will pick up an appetite soon. Mine is a huge pig. Its grown, too. What do you feed yours? Do you feed it at the same time each day?
Theres a LFS that has orange and black ones. Trying to keep myself from buying it. Hehe.

C

caryn_ia

I usually use cyclop-eez, but as a treat, I feed a 'fish soup'. A concoction of various seafood blended together. I try to feed at the same time, after the MH has gone off. I only feed every other day. Do you think that is okay?

spline9

I feed mine my own "fish soup" concoction;
Mysis (used to use brine) soaked in a squirt of CoralPlankton and Selcon. I've been hand-feeding them. Trying to make sure each polyp got some. They seem to like it because their mouths open before they can even get their tentacles out.
So far I think this has worked well since its grown quite huge. The tentacles are super long now, too. I thought about getting some Cyclop-eez but I figure its growing so no reason in changing its diet.
I fed mine every other day just after lights out, like you. Sometimes I miss a day. Although I missed a few this weekend since I was away on a business trip. I'm sure its hungry, you should see how much it can stuff in its polyps. Heh.