Sun coral

beaver

Ok, so my tank is only 6 weeks.. I put some star polyps in there witch are doing well so far. Now I know sun coral is hard to take care of.. im a newb and have no right to have any just yet.. however, My g/f conviced me to by a frag of orange sun coral for 10 bucks at LFS. Ill feed it she said. Well for shure, im the one reading up and takeing care so far lol. I got it to eat a little tonight for the first time in a 2days. Im so proud of myself lol. I put it in a bucket with some tank water and droped some brine shrim in there.. then turn off all the lights and let it sit for a while. Then every 10 min or so I put the turky baseter in there and gently still the srimp.. Slowly, slowly the heads opend about half way so far in over an hour. I saw a few srimp get stuck right on the "mouths" of some of the heads and shure nuff get sucked down. Woot, I hope I can keep this thing alive. Im doing the bucket think so I dont have to clowd my fragile tank with lots of food and spike my ammoina. Been there done that. Any sugestions? (flame away lol)

T

tizzo

I target feed mine cyclop eeze with a syringe I got from the local

[hr]
, not a needle syringe, just a medicine measuring syringe.

nemo lover

also I heard alot of people feed them krill they take a plastic cup cut a whole in the top big enough for a baster/ or syringe put it over the sun coral and sqiurt the food in the cup leave the cup on long enough for it to feed and your other fish/ inverts can't steel the food.