SUN CORAL ???

thelion

I just purchaseda Sun Coral. The question I have is, I know Sun Corals like the shade but, is it also o.k. for them to be in some light also? If they are in the light, will they be o.k. or will the light hurt them.Also,do the flowers also come out in the daytime sometimes and is it o.k. to feed it frozen brine shrimp?
thank you, Leo :eek:

tetra

they should be fine in daylight..as long as they eat it is cool. and they do come out in the day sometimes..

dolphin nv

We have a sun coral also and got a lot of mixed messages on how to care for him. I feed phytoflex 6 days a week and microvert once a week. He is in actine lighting and alot of current. He comes out in the day and the night but he comes out best when we stir up the substraight and he feeds on that. It is a beautiful coral and we have not had trouble with him "blooming". Good luck.

burnnspy

Dolphin made a good point, stirring the substrate can add variety to the diet of the filter feeders and so can scraping the glass.
Sun corals are fine in moderate lighting and do not need shade. They can be burned if placed to close to MH lighting though. They enjoy a fast current because its how they feed in nature, but it is not necessary if they are fed frequently.
Mysis shrimp is what they really need since brine shrimp has no food value.
BurnNSpy

thelion

I want to thank you guys for your help. I appreciate it very much and it helped me out a lot.
thanks, LEO :D