sun coral

got krabs

i have a sun coral now for 2 wks and still have yet to see it bloom( as you will) in the mornins when i turn the lights on it looks as if it is about to, but as i watch a little bit they retract and then during the day i assume they don't come out :cool:

Sun corals are to be placed in shadowy areas and, will only come out during subdue lighting. with ours before I feed all lights are out except attinics for about a half hour and then they come out. they also should be placed in some form of current direct or slightly indirectly, when pollups out I use an eye dropper with brine shrimp and, squirt it over the pollups and they grab it right up. hope this helps...fixit :D

burnnspy

Sun corals will come out when they sense there is food in the water. They are sensitive to intense lights but do not need shade.
Mine come out throughout the day and anytime I add Mysis shrime(my choice of fish food) to the tank.
BurnNSpy

merman

I've had my Sun Coral for about a year and a 1/2 now. It was HUGE. At night all the polyps were fully extended it was brilliant. But the past couple months, bubble algea has started growing on it. Now, one half side is completley covered. I've tried popping them off, but a few weeks later they are back again. How can I save this great coral? How do I rid my tank of this nuisance bubble algae?
Thanks~~