sunday evening 6 pack including a new yellow/purple monti

murph145

heres a few pics i took tonight....
i got a new yellow base with purple polyps monti today its about 4 inches good size piece, then i got some kind of acro frag white with blue tips hard to tell with the photo though
hope u like the pics

murph145

thanks everyone....
i went to a new LFS today that had a grand opening and i got the monti and the other sps coral they had a pretty good selection and some nice clams too but i already have to clams so i passed on those....

murph145

thanks viper how did u know thats what it is?
how hardy are they this is my first encrusting monti

murph145

2 more pics... just tryin to see how they turn out its hard to get a good pic of the monti cuz of the lights

viper_930

I can recognize it after dozens of hours spent looking at SPS pics. From what I've seen in person, they can bleach easily so try not to change its lighting too often.

murph145

wow i hope it doesnt bleach....
i got it from an LFS runnin 20K bulbs about 3 feet above they were 400W now hes in my tank under 250W 20K DE's but hes not directly under the brightest area more off to the side looks to be about the same as he was under in the LFS

dcbball

hey murpph was the place called vivid.. if so my buddy who just quit worrking at the fish store im at to go work there..

murph145

yeah i went to the store opening today to see what they have ... they got some nice clams there i kinda wanted another one

kinda a small store but seems like a nice set up

dcbball

yea my buddy who started working there said it was a really nice store with some cool set-ups... he said it was way better than the place i work at..

murph145

cool deal yeah im sure ill be going back there to get some more acros of different sorts they said they should be getting alot more in this week so ill have to go check it out....
i like there main coral display kind of a cool set up how the water flows back to a tank above and the gravity pushes it back to the display tanks below
seems like they have some decent prices on things too

buzzword

Murph I agree with Viper it is a M. peltiformis, I know because I have one in my reef as well. Love it to, one of the wifes favorites. Good luck with it. Mine has been doing great for about 2 months.

murph145

hey did u come all the way out here to the west coast to get yours too lol....
yeah they must be a popular thing then if u got one way out there too lol.....

viper_930

fishamajig, yours actually looks like a M. crassituberculata. From the pic it looks like it's plating rather than encrusting.