Sunday Night 12? Pack!

angelofish

WOW!!!!! You ever been on Reef Central's message board? There's no way you couldn't win their Tank of the Month. I'm not trying to offend this board. I owe the success of my tank to both boards. ;)

is the black urchin easy to take care of becasue i am considering getting won but i dont know if i will be able to keep it alive

krishj39

Thanks for the compliments guys! You make my night :).
Angelofish, yeah, I do go to --, but for the record, I far prefer this message board. Regardless, that is a huge compliment! Thanks!
Trigger Reid, the urchin has been totally no problem so far. I've only had it for about a month, but it is eating well (ok, I don't know WHAT it is eating, but I can at least say it is pooping well :D), and moves all over the tank. I'm very glad I got mine. I don't know your tank conditions, but it needs pretty good and stable water quality, and also needs to be acclimated longer than fish if you get one. Basically, I'd consider it to have all the same requirements as a serpent starfish. I wouldn't add it to a new tank, but if your tank has had some time to mature, it should be a care-free addition to your tank once it gets adjusted. One last thing I'd assume you are aware of is that the spines do sting. I've not been stung by mine (nor do I plan to), but those spines do mean business. I'm sure you could get a lot of people here chime in on how bad the stings hurt. But, don't be too scared by that. I've been able to touch the spines, and even move the urchin around with my hand, just very gingerly. It isn't like it shoots the spines at you, as long as you treat it with respect, you'll be fine.

searcher

krishj39, that's a great looking tank. Additionally, you did a real good job with the photography.
Just wondering, do your mushrooms adversely affect your zoanthids? It looks like they're getting kind of close in one of the pictures.

krishj39

Thanks searcher. For the most part, no the mushrooms and zoos get along. Once in a while the button polyps (the larger ones) do get a little burned, but then they are fine again by the next day. I think they have gotten the hint and have stopped growing towards the mushrooms.