Sundial Snail

bronco300

well, here is a picture of a sundial snail that i just found on my little group of zoos, stupid things...

bronco300

i read on the hitch hiker list they will hide in your zoos, poke a hole in them, and then suck out the insides :mad: ....so no good

bronco300

yea, i had actually seen him last week and just kinda tried to knock him off....it took a bit to knock him off since i didnt have any tweezers or anything, and he seemed to be attached by a thin string or something....at that time i didnt know what he was...this last time i made sure to take him off, i guess he found his way back to my colony, stupid snail stupid

puffer32

Just saw this thread, and wanted to say i picked 2 off my zoos afew months ago, but not before they ate half of my fav colony! They are hide to spot didn't see them until the rock was nearly bald and they couldn't hide any more :mad:

speg

I still dont know what took out most of my zoos. Some sort of red film .... I did freshwater dips and iodine dips on all the zoos and the problem has completely stopped. Luckily for me zoos spread fast.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by wareagle
thanks for the advice, i saw one of those in my tank the other day, next time i see it hes out
If you find it, I will tade you some zoos for it!!
I am serious! I do not like having zoos in my tank. I don't want anything that I hafta keep pruning. The hubby got me some for my birthday last year and I have had them long enough!

bronco300

orrrrrrrrrrrrr, i'll just take them off your hands

Luke ***)
or i'll trade you for something if i have anything..haha

misty7850

can sundial snails be all white or off-white color.. I have a snail in my tank that looks similar to that but it is like an off white color.. I haven't seen it near my zoo's though, mostly done by the sand.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Bronco300
orrrrrrrrrrrrr, i'll just take them off your hands

Luke ***)
or i'll trade you for something if i have anything..haha
If they weren't such a pain to send, I'd send you some. I have no more "cooler" type boxes, no more heat packs, and shipping is usually more than you can buy zoos for at your LFS.
I don't mind having zoos on designated, seperated rocks, but stupid me put some on a rock right in the middle of my tank and they have since completely covered it and are close to growing up my back glass. I don't like that kinda coral...

bronco300

a pain?? all ya have to do is stick em in a thermos, some water, 2-3 day and boom...taken care of....$4-5 to ship...my lfs are stupid and hardly EVER have anything, and if they do, they dont open, AND tehy charge three arms and two legs. haha