Sunpod 150 or Coralife Auqalight Advanced?

fish addict

I don't know if I should get the Sunpod 150 14000K 30" HQI fixture for my 29 gallon or the Coralife Auqulight Advanced Clip-on 150w 14000k or 20000k.
The sunpod comes with built in LED lights and the Sunpod 150 is $250 and the Coralife is around $300. Which one should I get?

fish addict

Ok thanks should I get the 20000K or the 14000K? So basically do the blueish light look better than the more yellow? b/c of the cheaper price if you guys think the yellower is better I'll probably go with the Sunpod plus I like the idea of LEDs built in.

mojo46825

I have the sunpos on my 65. I like it because it sits on the tank nicely. It has built in fans ect. I have the 2x150 hqi 36" setup and i love it. Never heard anything badabout sunpod fixtures. Alot of peeps in nano's use em too. 20k = a more blue light. I have read that the 20k doesnt promote as much growth as the 10 and 14's either. but htey do bring out the colors.

fish addict

Thanks for the replies, but now I still have no idea which one to get! We need a third person to break the tie! And if the next person says coralife don't forget to say which bulb I should get! (14000k or 20000k) So either you like the look and the colors of the 20000k or it would be better to get the 14000k. Thanks!

fish addict

well since no one is answering me I have made the decision on my own. I am going to get the coralife so I can adjust the height easily and then just buy some LED lights for night. thanks for your help!

fish addict

Changed my mind! (Am I ever going to just decide and get one?!?) SunSun HLD 1x150WMH + 2x24W T5HO + Moonlights all for $180!

fish addict

The reason I wanted to go with the SunSun was because it had an extra 48W of T5HO but I just realized the site I found it on for $180 is an Australian site and there's no shipping to the U.S.
so it's $288 and a different site but it's 72W T5HO. Basically the only reason I want the SunSun is for the extra light to make my corals that much happier!

ejensen

I really don't like coralife products so I would get the Sunpod fixture. As for the k. This is something I have experence with. I have the outer orbit fixture with 2 150 watt HQI's. The 10k's that it comes with are too white/yellow. I bought the ushio 14k's and the just sucked. I think that the ballasts don't really like those bulbs because the were not very bright. So I took them out and bought the Phoenix 14's. Now those lights are awsome. They are bright and bluish. Brings out the colors of everything. I'm never going to switch brands.

prevwon

I'm planning on getting a 48" Sunpod. I have read nothing but good things about it. And you can keep anything with it right?