Super Buffer stressing out my fush

Steven31922

I’m using this because i’m desperate for an answer, my PH is 7.8 and was told to use super buffer to get the ph up, so 3 times (not at once) i directly added it into the tank found out i did it wrong waited for a week and did what it told me to. I got tap water and put water conditioner in it and added the super buffer kent marine and waited until it dissolved and added it directly into my fish tank, twice no change in the fish tanks ph didnt go up at one point it went down but it’s back at 7.8 i noticed my fish are stressed out of their mind breathing heavy even my snails stay still, i have no way of testing the alkalinity and calcium but what’s the issue with my fish? why are they stressed did i do soemthint wrong

Reefing_with_John

Administrator
Staff member
I’d try RODI water if your LFS makes it the PH is most likely higher just ask them what the PH is if you decide to go that route

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
You'll want to add a small amount of buffer to your top off water over time. 7.8 isn't dangerously low. How much water does your aquarium evaporate weekly?