Super Color Zoanthids-Fiji - Help

johnnsr

I need some help. I am new to saltwater tanks. I have a 24 gallon aquapod. I ordered fish and some corals and all are doing fine except my Zoanthids. I have had them since last Friday and they look like they may be dying. Any suggestions? The other corals are blossoming.

groupergenius

If you post some more things like:
water parameters-Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, Ph, calcium, alkalinity.
lighting
how long has tank been set up
live sand-live rock
what pumps and powerheads
filtration
what fish and corals
These things will help for us to determine things easier.

johnnsr

I have a 24 Gallon Aquapod. I have the filters and lighing that came with it.
I have live sand and live rock (10 pounds). I added the fish and coral 1 week ago 2 clowns, 1 cardinal (died last night), Yellow Pollups (doing good), mushrooms (doing good). I have 1 other coral can't remember name. The Zoanthids are the only ones with nothing happening.
All levels in the tank are good. I had to lower the salinity just a bit today.
Does this help?

babyb

it would help alot more if you post your exact levels
edit: welcome to the boards

johnnsr

Tank has been up for 3 months. It cycled for about 45 days.
I will get the exact levels and post. Porbably too late. Polyps all gone.

johnnsr

No I have been having the Aquarium shop testing it for me. I hate that I have lost all the polyps now. Everything else seems to be doing ok.
I guess a new tank I can expect to lose some stuff? So far 1 Cardinal Fish, and the Zoanthis (small frag) ordered online.

j.p

how do u kno they are dead because i had a little colony of zoas get covered with algea for a month and i didnt kno. i got the algea off and now the zoas are doing good again

johnnsr

Thanks for the reply. There are no polyps left. Just arock. I had a few samll polyps whenn it arrived. I have tried moving it to more light and flow. The polyps seem to all be gone now.