Super cool!!!

gypsana

I was doing a water change and I saw a SUPER small brittle star in my cc. It is the first one I have seen. It was only about a quarter of an inch in diameter, that is legs and all. I was so stoked to find something so small

jennythebugg

we had a tiny little star saw it cruise around for 3 days then it went back in the rocks and we havent seen it since

mcbdz

Pull out a flashlight at night. You will be amazed at the little critters ya'll find.

S

saltycrab

I bought 20 lbs of live rock from Miami and transported it in a small cooler. 3 weeks later when I went to use the cooler in the tiny bit of water that was left pooled there was a tiny star. I was amazed.

gypsana

I hope to see it again!! My tank is doing super. My LTA is humongous and my first round of corals are doing well also. Thanks to all the helpful info I get from this board and it's users.

alane67

I bought a large piece of Marshall rock. I picked it out, they shook it off, put it in my cooler. When I got home and was putting it in my tank, I saw a NICE size brittle star clinging to an inside crevice, from leg tip to leg tip, about 5", also an EXTREMELLY tiny little hermit crab. Kewl, free critters, and I didn't have to cure the rock......lol They are still alive too :)
alane

gypsana

WOW!!! I have too much time on my hands right now. I sat in front of my tank for about a hour and this is the picture I got. I feel this was worth the wait!!. There are a bunch in there!!!