Super Glue

fishguy56

SUPER GLUE is it possible with anything to glue a rock onto the over flow cover or will I have to drop the water in the tank to do it. What do you guys use to achieve this, I just need a few more rock to reach the top but I need to glue flat rocks under water if possible. Any suggestions?

sk8shorty01

What if you glude some small wires to the rock and hung the rock on the overflow teeth? Such as a metal coat hanger or something like that. Any small guaged wire would work I would imagine, and I am sure you could hide the skinny wiring.

kilhullen

Originally Posted by fishguy56
SUPER GLUE is it possible with anything to glue a rock onto the over flow cover or will I have to drop the water in the tank to do it. What do you guys use to achieve this, I just need a few more rock to reach the top but I need to glue flat rocks under water if possible. Any suggestions?
I have read about using superglue underwater - you need to be quick because the water causes a hard shell on the surface of the glue, so you will have to break that surface against what you are gluing to, but yes superglue and other forms are able to be used underwater if you plan ahead and work reasonably quickly.
As for glueing rock to the overflow box, not too sure about that. The material the box is made of might be too "oily" to accept glueing.

njbeacher

I have glued many pieces while they were submerged. I would reccomend testing it for fit before gluing. The more surface contact between the two pieces you can get, the better it will hold. As stated above, once it hits the water it begins to cure on the outside. When you press it into place and smoosh it, the cure will rupture and the usual "hold it in place for 20 seconds" will apply. None of the bonds have ever failed (knock on wood).

florida joe

You may want to check out your local pool supply I know pinch a penny here has glue you can use underwater and I believe its not toxic