Super Glue

chadman

i have always used super glue gel to glue corals and such around my tank....it is such a pain buying all those tiny bottles though...is there any other type of glue such and gorilla glue or anything which would work and not harm the corals or fish?

reef46

I've never used anything other than superglue. However there are large sticks of reef puddy...if you wanted to try that. I have never heard of anyone using anything other than superglu though.

reefkprz

buy it by the case..... thats about the only solution I can think of. all those types of cyanoacrylate glue come in small bottles because big bottles dry out too easy. sorry.

ninjamini

I used crazy glue for a long time. 3 small 1-2 use bottles for $1. I got tlked into buying IC Gel. $5 locally from the LFS. Much better at holding. Lotsa uses out of it. It all I will use now.

trippkid

Go to a hobby shop, you can get larger bottles, they have a couple of sizes. I have had a bottle open for at least a yr. and it is still good.

Matt

groupergenius

I have been using Crazy glue gel so far. I can't seem to get a good seal though. I Use it on my SPS frags to attach to the LR in the tank. Every once in a while 1 will get knocked off by a snail or my clumsy hand.

ct_vol

I buy mine either at the Hobby shop, or if I have an order going with an OFS already sometimes I'll tack on a tube or two... I've decided I don't like the larger tubes though... I frag ALL the time, and it pisses me off whenever the heads clog... I'd just as soon buy a bunch of smaller tubes from Big Lots... :D We'll see, I might change my mind after another month or so... lol

ninjamini

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
I have been using Crazy glue gel so far. I can't seem to get a good seal though. I Use it on my SPS frags to attach to the LR in the tank. Every once in a while 1 will get knocked off by a snail or my clumsy hand.

try ic gel

grumpygils

Originally Posted by chadman
i have always used super glue gel to glue corals and such around my tank....it is such a pain buying all those tiny bottles though...is there any other type of glue such and gorilla glue or anything which would work and not harm the corals or fish?
Go to any hobby shop and buy CA+ glue. 10-15 second type listed on the bottle. $6 for an oz. and that is alot. It is the thicker gel. Also, it is a good idea to get the "accelerator" One you attach the frag, the accelerator locks the gel immediatley and completely.
Mc

chadman

Originally Posted by grumpygils
Go to any hobby shop and buy CA+ glue. 10-15 second type listed on the bottle. $6 for an oz. and that is alot. It is the thicker gel. Also, it is a good idea to get the "accelerator" One you attach the frag, the accelerator locks the gel immediatley and completely.
Mc
i will check it out....thanks i get annoyed squeezing the heck out of those tiny super glue gel bottles

viper_930

They're not sold in big bottles because some people use it to get high.
The biggest bottle I've seen is the 2 oz. gel by Two Little Fishies, which is what I use....for corals that is.
Should be about $15 bucks or so if your LFS has it.