Super new major question.

ja138522

I just received a 120 Gallon tank, stand and refugioum from a friend, he ended up getting a new one. I was getting ready to set it up and Cracked the bottom glass. Before i continue the journey into a saltwater tank i need to know if it would be OK to silicone the crack a lot and lay another piece of glass on top of it then seal those edges really good or am i <///////////////{ ed..... I'm hoping to not have to replace the tank because the money i have set aside if for the water, sand and rock. Sorry for my silly question. Thanks in advanced. My wife wants to turn it into a Guinni pig tank and i'm fighting her tooth and nail.

2quills

IMO it would be a big mistake trying to patch this tank and use it. Sorry to say, I think you're "<//////////{ed"...
Once you put water in that tank the glass is going to flex and it only takes a little bit of force...the crack will just keep growing until catastrophe happens.

teresaq

I agree, dont use it. You could replace the bottom if you can find the same glass- but I would not put water in it.

monsinour

looks like your the proud owner of a new guinia pig tank. If any piece of a tank is cracked, I wouldnt use it at all. You could try to sell it on clist as there are always people looking for cracked tanks to fix.

acrylic51

Agree.....The price of a 120 I wouldn't risk or even bother tearing the tank apart to replace the bottom piece.....