Superzoom camera

bla403

Hi all,
I am in the market for a new camera, currently have a small point and shoot which I like for general stuff and use for underwater photos.
I was thinking of buying a superzoom since I don't want to spend too much on a Dslr an I need it to be somewhat compact when I go on my next vacation in June.
After some research I have decided on the nikon p100.
Here are my questions:
1. Does anyone have any experience with this camera or have any other recommendation?
2. Does anyone know of any new superzoom cameras that are coming out soon that i should wait for?

geridoc

Take a look at the review on CNET. They loved the features (it is really remarkable), but were disappointed by the picture quality (terrible chromatic aberration, inaccurate colors). You should see if you can borrow or rent one and take some pictures to decide if the photo quality is something you can live with in order to get the feature set, or whether you should just pass on this one.

bla403

I saw that review as well as a few others. It seems the p100 and basically all other superzoom cameras have picture quality on par with other point and shoots. The p100 quality wasn't bad they felt it didn't stand out vs a normal point and shoot. Don't know if I will be able to get away from this as it seems the same for all superzooms and a dslr. Doesn't really fit my needs