Supliments to add?

shnabbles

Im just starting to add some soft corals to my 55 gallon.. I just added a piece of rock with about 25 zoo polyps on it.
So far i have:
-Seachem Reef Complete, raises Calcium maintains magnesium and Strontium
-Kent Marine Iodine
- Kent Marine phytoplex (aquacultured marine phytoplankton
- kent marine stontium & molybdenum
Is there anything else i should be adding to the tank...
Is there any of these the LFS gave me bad advice about and i shouldnt be adding to the tank?
My calcium was at 550 ppm yestuday which i know is alittle high so ill back off on the reef complete untill it comes down.

vlondi

Remember to not add anything that you do not test for.
More directly to the topic, I don't think there is much of anything you really need to add yet. If you don't have many corals yet and do regular water changes then most of your values should be ok. When you start to get more corals and see your values going down then start with some additives.
I have a few shrooms, ricordia, 2 bta (well, mine just split), red kenya tree, and a frogspawn currently, I add nothing. I've just tested for a few things and all values are actually still kinda high; my calcium itself was 530 ppm and, like I said, I add nothing.
I am by no means an expert yet, though, so I'd get a few more opinions.

acrylic51

Yep, Yep have to agree don't add anything regardless of what anyone says until you test, and then maybe retest again