supplies

debrapurdy

I have a 27 gal tank with a Turbo Twist 3x. I got the t t 3x because of Ich and Parasites. Do you think this will help? Do you think I need a protien skimmer. I have 1 clownfish 1small blue hippo abd 2 shrimp 1 scooter blenny 1scooter is missing

b-baby80

A protein skimmer is always a good idea

Could you list your other equipment etc...?
You have a Hippo in that small tank? Do you realize he will outgrow that very quickly?

petjunkie

UV won't kill all the ich, it may get some of the free floating ich but it will remain on the fish and in the sand/rocks. You have ich because you didn't quarantine your fish and now you need to set up a large hospital tank treating with either hypo or copper, I would recommend hypo but you need to have a refractometer. You have several fish in there completely unsuitable for your tank, scooter blennies live off pods and need larger tanks with lots of live rock, they will probably starve to death if they don't eat frozen foods, the hippo needs a tank size of at least 125 gallons which a little amount of research on your part would have taught you. Repost this in the disease forum and list all your water parameters and how you are testing them i.e. dip sticks, what kind of test kits, hydometer or refractometer, plus how long this tank has been up.

vapd3129

My personal opinion is a skimmer is a must. I have one in my 29 gallon. The way I look at it. More filtration the better. I've always heard mixed views on UV's.

snakeblitz33

One of the main reasons why your fish are getting ich is because they are stressed. Your fish are in too small of a tank. Research is key to a successful aquarium.

tokey

Live rock and a skimmer are the two most important things you can have for the health of a marine tank.

vapd3129

Originally Posted by Tokey
Live rock and a skimmer are the two most important things you can have for the health of a marine tank.
........and a healthy diet