Suppliment questions

susan

I was told by the LFS that Tropic Marin salt's best to use if you have LR/corals. I was going to get Instant Ocean. Which would you recommend for reef tanks?
Also on (Tropic Marin Bio Calcium) Does this have all the calcium/Iodine you need for your LR, corals, etc? It said 1 scoop per gal a day. That's a lot! Do you have to give that much? I'm only going to have LR for the first 2-3 mos than SLOWLY start with just a few of the easiest corrals and see how they do.
So is the Tropic Marin salt and calcium suppliments what I should be using and that that great a quantity?
Thanks!

madd catt

YES,it is a fine salt ive used even the box can be recycled but you still might {want} have to use a supplement for it.Other fine salts hawwiian marine,marine eviroment and they also make thier owm additives and can be used in reef tanks.

zipperfish

i use instant ocean and turbo calcium. when i first started i was told to use reef crystals but over time couldn't justify price with results. never tried the salt your talking about but sure its fine.

burtonjr

I use the recommended chemicals found in GARF's bullet-proof reef system. Instant Ocean is all I've ever used along with various SeaChem products. Visit <a href="http://www.garf.org" target="_blank">www.garf.org</a> for more info. Their twenty years of experience can't be wrong.

underthesea

I have and always have used tropic Marine salts i also use it in congunction with Tropic marine Bio Calcium. The bio Calcium is used as one scoop per ten gallons not per 1 gallon. I think this is one of the best salts out there on the market. I do add extra iodine, stronthium and molydium though also just because i have alot of leather corals and they use up alot of it.

kracker

I have posted many times talking about oceans blen.The stuff takes the guess work out of what to add to your reef tank.Check out oceansblend.com for info.

k.lee

Originally posted by give me fish:
<strong>I have and always have used tropic Marine salts i also use it in congunction with Tropic marine Bio Calcium. The bio Calcium is used as one scoop per ten gallons not per 1 gallon. I think this is one of the best salts out there on the market. I do add extra iodine, stronthium and molydium though also just because i have alot of leather corals and they use up alot of it.</strong><hr></blockquote>
Tropic Marin is the best IMO. Tnhey sell a supplement for trace elements, but, the packaging, and longevity is doubtful in my book (hell it's been 5 years since I bought it-- likeant otgher solution, it could go bad),
'
TM is good stuff, regardless, in my book.

ironreef

IO I've used for a long time. probly before the internet. Trace isn't needed if you feed good foods and do water changes. Ron Shimeks food analysis show what food is made of and his new tank test show most tanks already have more trace than NSW. Way more. Just keep your cal,alk ph up to par

mal

I use IO, no complaints. I also use turbo calcium, no complaints there either. Iron reef is right on the water study. If I remember right strontium and moly-b were off the charts in terms of more than natural sea water. I do dose iodine on occasion though. Sometimes my corals really expand afterwards, sometimes not. Dunno if the iodine has anything to do with it or not, but at the very least my macro algae grows to beat the band.