surprise

blenny1

well i woke up this morning, and i have baby horses. very cool to see. I wasnt ready for it though. I have read that they are hard to keep. any help on things i can do.

a lil more info would be good....what kind of horses and such
do u have a nursery tank u can set up??? They will not survive in the "adult" tank or put them in a breeder tank and get bbs hatchin right away....if ur lfs stocks live pods and such I would grab some of them too
like I said any infor u can provide would help a lot!!!

good luck though, it is definately a difficult task

blenny1

they are yellow kuda. If I go buy a small tank for them would it be ok. i would have to use the same water. any other ideas

get a sponge filter for the nursery tank......I would google raising yellow kuda fry and see what it comes up with....that is what I did when I got a suprise batch....do u have anything to feed them????
have u gathered them out of the main tank??? I would b/c they disapear quiclkly especially if there are other fish in there

blenny1

i only have th pair of horses in the tank. they are swimming around. would i be able to use marine plankton or bio plankton until my fish store opens?

rays862

Congrats! Although I provide rotifers right from the start, your fry can safely go without food for up to 24 hrs.

blenny1

thanks for the info. I kind of feel helpless for the little guys. because i wasnt ready. does any one know the survival rate. im going to go to the lfs store and get things i need so any other info will help, if not for this batch ill be ready for the next.

ci11337

WoW, congrats, i always figured you'd beable to tell beforehand if they were pregnant. How old are they?

If u just got them last night the fry were prolly delivered due to the stress...I have heard of that happening and experianced a "preterm delivery" when my male got ill. It was very sad....they were MUCH smaller than any of the previous fry he delivered.
But like I said earlier, good luck with them!!!!

Oh and PLEASE post pics ASAP!!!!!

blenny1

so far everyone is doing great. amazing how the whole prosess is. thanks every one for your help. I will keep you all updated

Z

zcl171

if you decide to sell whenever they are ready please contact me!!!! congrats!