Survey Tap Water

promisetbg

Look around,, we sell them for $198 with a drinking attachment and built in TDS meter. Mellow, a good LFS should sell RO/DI water plain and premixed with salt. Or there is a machine in some stores like wally world that sells RO, you have to bring jugs.

hammerhed7

Originally Posted by puffer9006
its only $100 i was told they were more like $600. would the ones off of this site work. i was thinking of purchasing one which one would be the best
I bought the 6 stage made by aqua safe, and it was around $100. I was skeptical because of the price, but I have had it for over a year, and it works great. The only disappointment was that it is advertised at 100 GPD, but makes alot less than that, probably 30-40 GPD, but that works good enough for water changes etc.

jjtoon

I use tap water, but I keep it in a 6 gal bucket under my tank and use a tap water treatment. I also have a charcoal filter filtering the tap water all the time. works pretty well. I have some algae but not too bad.

J

jamie907

I use tap and I'm a-okay. LOTS of coralline but I think it's pretty so

wbilton

Originally Posted by puffer9006
its only $100 i was told they were more like $600. would the ones off of this site work. i was thinking of purchasing one which one would be the best
I bought one over a year ago from that auction site and even bought replacement filters it was a six stage and have no problems with my tank since. before i bought i used tap water and a big hair algae problem.

tcook21

the water right out of any tap at my house has a PH of 10.5 or higher. i killed 500 bucks worth of jap. imported koi before i found out so its only RO for me......ever tryed filling a pond with store bought RO water not fun.....lol

nigerbang

In most places Wal-Mart (I hate Wal-Mart) sells Culligan water which is ran through carbon, RO, then UV sterilized for about 33 cents if you bring your own jug. Thats what I use. I ride around with 2 seven gallon jugs that way if I need water I can just stop on the way home and grab some...Looking at getting a RO unit though.

leadian

I usually dont post on THIS site but I was doing some research and came across this poll and HAD to put my 2cents in.
Make no mistake if you are using tap water you are rolling the dice with your tank!!
Even in places with "good water", such as where I live, it is still filled with minerals, metals, chlorine, etc. conditioners dont work as good as you might hope.
In a small enviroment such as a tank those elements will eventually reach unbalanced levels.
Also municipal water treatment and delivery systems have a high rate of fluctuation due to thier nature. Some so much they have to issue BOIL ORDERS once in a while when the levels get to high.( even in Chicagoland)
TEST, TEST, TEST and you will learn as we all haved.
I dont mean to sound like Im bitching, Ive just been there done that.

gexkko

Originally Posted by Tcook21
the water right out of any tap at my house has a PH of 10.5 or higher.
Slightly off topic....but that pH isn't even safe to be consumed by humans. If you drink that unfiltered you are really going to do long term damage to your body. I'd investigate why the pH is so high.