Survey

grouperhead

OK guys, this forum is usually the slowest of all (other than the shark tank.) So, I'm starting this. The question is, what size agressive tank do you have, and what's in it, and what is your favorite aggressive fish of all. I'll start
75gal, 20" sfe, 6" Goldstripe soapfish, 4" Picasso
for my favorite aggressive fish, I've got a 3 way tie, Golden phase Coney grouper, regular phase guinea fowl puffer, and lastly undulate trigger. Bo

fmarini

Hi:
180gal FO w/ 50gal sump. I have 4 species of lion,, pinktail trigger, popeyed seagoblin, and zebra moray
Fave aggressive fish-> Rhinopia
<a href="http://www.marsh.addr.com/rhinopa.html" target="_blank">http://www.marsh.addr.com/rhinopa.html</a>
frank

teog

I have a custom 160 with a large volitan lion and a large golden tail eel.
Im wanting a pinktail trigger, adult french angel, large naso streamer, harlaquin tusk...

grouperhead

Frank, how closely related are those to the normal sargassum fish. I've caught many of those guys while diving. Thats is great looking fish, Bo

pat

55 reef, but thats not what we're abouot in this forum, so 125 2 weeks into cycle.....no fish yet, still toying with what all i want

jim27

180 gallon
1 brownbanded banded bamboo(9 inches)
1 whitespotted bamboo(13 inches)
1 damsel w/blue body and yellow tail(1 inch)
fav fish: brownbanded bamboo

indy1

150g 3-4" bed. 10g refugium with approx. 3" sand bed. 2 mag 350's.
snowflake eel,1 chromis, 1 damsel, orbic bat, porc puffer, dragon goby, mexican rock wrasse, 1 cleaner shrimp,and my baby bamboo, which is 1 month old and eating krill!!! And, yes they all get along fine....
Fav. fish: Black Volitan Lion and Bamboo Shark

scott270

75 gallon 18 inch sfe and plan on a maroon clown and one more fish but dont know what yet any suggestions would help

risc

Grouperhead:
If you've caught many of them while diving.... you wanna send me some?
My new tank could use some of them to brighten it up :)

topfish2

custom acrylic 240 gallon w/ brownbanded bamboo shark, 1" lil damsel, going to get an epaulette shark, pb tang, freckled hawk, chainlink eel, naso tang, and others.
250 gallon w/ niger trigger, clown trigger, blueline trigger, panther grouper, chainlink and sfe, passer angel.

grouperhead

Ed, it can be either one. Frank, the ones I've caught diving are Sargassum fish. I'm not to sure what their scientific name is. If that fish is found in the northern gulf, I'll be on the lookout for one next time I go divig ;) . Bo

cwfish

300 gallon
35 gallon sump
40 gallon refugium
Stars & Stripes puffer
Maroon Clown
Huma Trigger
Snowflake Eel
Red Sea Star
Green African Star

guppie

125 with a striped puffer, volitan lion, saddleback clown, and a snowflake, favorite is the puffer had him for over two years.

ciguatera

Used to have a 260 with a dogface puffer, aussie tusk, snowflake eel, and miniatus grouper. I built the tank myself and I guess wasn't careful enough sealing it. Leaks started small with salt crystals forming on one edge of the tank, and eventually got worse. I had to sell the fish back to the LFS, and scrap the tank.
Right now the only aggressive fish i have is a clown trigger who is a little under 3 inches, and the same snowflake eel (the eel was the only fish i could reasonably keep in my 65g hospital tank until i got a larger set up.) I eventually moved him into a 90 and got the clown trigger. (bought the 90 with overflow and sump used at a reptile shop for $200 including pine stand and canopy) Wanted something larger but couldn't pass up a deal like that.
So the trigger and eel will be the only residents of the 90 until i can work up the courage to build another big tank (or more than likely have one built for me) I figure i'll do this in 6 to 8 months or so.
As for favorite aggressives, I've always liked Tesselata morays, but have never had the space to keep one. Map puffers are another one of my favs but again, lack of space... I really like my clown trigger, although i probably should have waited until i had the appropriate size set up before i brought one home.

kris

I have a 100g with a Queen angel, Purple tang, coral grouper (small) and a picasso trigger, and oh yeah the little jewel damsel (yes, she's still alive!)
Anyway my favorite is the Queen angel, you may not think of her as an "agressive fish" but I assure you she rules my tank. She's a real bitch--I love her!!!

pancho

200g
clown trigger adult
emperor adult
golden puffer
volitan lion
stars and stripes pufer
look down
200g
cycling for rays
125g
clown trigger juv
puffer (porky) juv
emperor juv
chain link morray
black trigger
90g
green eel
snowflake eel
ghost eel
55g
octopus
55g
naso tang
blue tang
niger trigger
spade fish
55g
rock fish
true alligator fish
55 gallon sick tank
29g
bat fish
20g
emergency tank
they just love to see me comming at the pet store know i'm gonna come out with a fish