survival rate??

civicracer

hey guys just a quick question I ordered a bunch of hermits and snails. they shipped out on friday morning a lil after 9am according to fedex. there was an ice storm in memphis and that is where my order sits.(btw I live in NY) Fedex told me that it won't arrive till monday. any chance that anything will survive this?

aw2

The majority of them will probably die, but some may make it.
Contact the business where you got them and inform them what has happened. They'll most likely reimburse you or send out a new order, when the weather permits.
I ordered hermits and snails last summer (100 degree weather), from an online retailer. The first delivery was botched by the mailman and I got them the next day (2 days after order)...they were mostly dead. I called the store and they sent me out another free order. That one came in and my ex girlfriend didnt know what it was and put the box next to my computer desk. A few days goes by and I start asking about it...THEN she tells me about the box. All hermits and snails were dead.
I again contacted the retailer and couldnt believe it, but they sent me out yet another free order...this one, thankfully, I got on time and everything was perfect.

civicracer

I already contacted them they told me to receive the order and inform them what, if anything survived and they will replace it

reefiness

Originally Posted by civicracer
I already contacted them they told me to receive the order and inform them what, if anything survived and they will replace it
so what are you worried about.

hkgar

Originally Posted by civicracer
not worried just feel bad for the animals and was curious

Just curious, who is the mail order retailer that you used. Email me as this board won't allow you to post it.

dea_mt

kinda sucks that the animals died but that's not your fault. atleast you will be reimbursed.
AW2- i can't believe they reimbursed you twice. that's cool.

fishychick

Just curious if you retrained the girlfriend about the necessary communication when WE AQUARIST LOVERS receive a package???

abethedog

Don't count them out. I just ordered a reef cleaner kit from SWF. A bag holding 20 bluelegs completely drained out of water. Only ONE had died. FEDEX had even called me to inform me that I had a leaker. So these dudes had been dry for a while.
Now a super-race of hermit crabs has taken over my house and I do their bidding.