SW Books

I think it was Flower that showed me the Fish and Invert pocket guides (thanks
)
Does anyone know if they have something similar for corals? I tried to do a search on Amazon and was coming up empty.

btldreef

There actually is some coral info in the Marine Invertebrates pocket guide.
Corals: A Quick Reference Guide by Julian Sprung is pretty good as well.
There is a large volumed series, but it's too cumbersome for me and just googling is easier. I got rid of mine, don't even remember what it was called anymore.

flower

I have to admit coral books are not very trust worthy. I have found that trusting the folks on the site that have had them is much more accurate. I use the web to find the basics, and ask on the site for more info from those that have/had them.
I also search different sites trying to find corals that are not so common...I found some purple feather duster clusters that way, and a beautiful purple sea fan.They are not really rare or anything, just different than what is commonly offered on the sites I usually haunt. There are some really pretty corals out there.

icedtc

Although it's not a coral only book, I have heard great things about Tony Vargas' new book called The Coral Reef Aquarium. It covers all subjects of the hobby but was recently released so most of the information is up to date.
Hardest part about finding books is that the technology and beliefs change so often. If it was printed 5 years ago odds are the info. is way outdated.

florida joe

IMO Aquarium corals by Eric H. Borneman is a good book to have BUT you need to know the scientific name of the coral in question for speedy reference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt3bm62TUFY