SW Florida

gatorjit

Anyone from the NAPLES, FLORIDA area? I am new to the SW tank hobby and curious if anyone knows of a good LFS down here..

twicklund

I am from bradenton, but i use Sea Scape in Sarasota. Its pretty good. A little north of there is Sea Clear, but they are a little more expensive.
Do you have a tank now, or are you in the planning stage?
tw

djbabylove

Hey Gator,
I know its been awile since you posted this thread, I am from Sarasota but now living in Bradenton and just starting my SW tank. Just wanted to say Hi!
Nessa a.k.a DjBayLove

flatzboy

I live in sarasota county. Seascape carries a lot of tanks but they are way over priced on their tanks, dry goods, and livestock.They realy don't even have a lot of coral either. They wanted $60 for a frag of mushrooms that only had two shrooms on it. And they wanted $70 for yellow polyp that had like 5 tiny polyps on it. The place is the biggest rip off. I usualy go to puss and pups or the venice pet center. I got a price on a new 46 gallon bow front with a stand and glass top and it was $495. I just ordered one from the venice pet center for $300. Plus there throwing in 10lbs. of base rock and like livesand.

cartman101

Originally posted by twicklund
I am from bradenton, but i use Sea Scape in Sarasota. Its pretty good. A little north of there is Sea Clear, but they are a little more expensive.
Do you have a tank now, or are you in the planning stage?
tw

That place is EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!sea scape!A snowflake eel for $38!!

tyedyed1

i live in ft. myers and know of some stores up here, if you want to take the drive. or i could give you the phone number of a store that is the most reputable up here then you could call them to see if they know of a store down there. the number is 239-939-1196. the store is called ocean environments. it probally the store that i would trust the most. i know there are a couple of good store down there but not sure of the name or location. hope this helps.

I am familar with all the stores mentioned so far, and yes Sea Scapes is really pricey, and Ocean env. isn't bad, but try Aquarium Reef Center in Cape Coral. There are 2 stores that are way more reasonable on prices. 239-540-9130

ka0z4allu

I second that about aquarium reef center in Cape Coral. And they have a 2nd store called aquarium. They are very helpful and trustworthy people and have great prices. I use them for all my needs:D

tyedyed1

i had forgotten about that new store called aquarium. trigger digger may be right, i stopped into that store only once so far and from what i saw they were right in line as far as prices and selection. you might want to give them a call. and i think i may stop back over there this weekend. thanks trigger for reminding me about that place.:rolleyes:

The new store is also called Aquarium Reef Center, the light up sign outside just says Aquarium. They sell 125 gallon tanks as cheap as petsmart, predrilled with an overflow no less. I also know they drive to Miami & hand pick ALL fish & Coral each week to get the best ones.