Sweetlips with crustaceans?

ilovefish

I disagree with the above comment. I have a sweat lips and I have him with SLUG and a shrimp. He is doing fine. He has never tried to eat any of them. My sweatlips was easy to acclimate. He eats like a PIG. EVEN the day I bought her she ate 6 guppies, like it was nothing. It loves blood worms and brine shrimp. Mine is doing great. She has not ate my slug and was very easy to acclimate compared to the bi-color anger. So maybe I'm just fortunate but mine eats well and does not eat my slug. Do you have a sweatlips (who wrote above). I would like to know if your sweat lips is a spotted one? My friend has had a spotted sweat lips and has had it for 8 years and is doing great and never eats any of his candy striped shrimp or snails. Please let me know, if you know something different about them that I don't. I've only had mine 1 week but like I said she is doing great and has not eaten our iverts. but my friend also has had his for 8 years and had great luck.

grouperhead

yeah you could sweetlips with crustaceans, but your sweetlips would eat them all. sweetlips are related to drums and in the wild they mostly only feed on inverts. what kind of sweetlips is it? most get to be well over 24" later, bo

scy

Well Cchung,I have to agree with Trey and grouperhead,no to the sweetlip,if they will eat them in the wild,they will eat them in your tank.