SWF 20-55 Gallon Package

dperna

Hello everyone. For my 58g I am considering the SWF 20-55G package. For those who dont want to find it on the website
it contains:
Scarlet Hermit Crab: 10
Blueleg Hermit Crab: 10
Nasssarius Snail: 10
Brittle Starfish: 2
Coral Banded Shrimp: 1
Emerald Crab: 3
Turbo/Astrea Snail: 20
Cleaner Clam: 2
I have a maroon clown fish already, along with
Aprox. 12 Astrea/Turbo Snails
8 Nassarius Snails
4 Blueleg Hermit Crabs
4 Scarlet Hermit Crabs
Is this too much for my 58gallon tank? Also, I have never had any experience with the Brittle Starfish, Coral Banded Shrimp, Emerald Crab, and Cleaner Clam. Can any of these harm fish? Or just any other info you would like to state about this would be helpful, Thanks!

ejensen

I had a coral banded shrimp and he was alittle aggeresive. All my red legged hermits killed all the snails. I don't think that is over kill though. The more the better.

joncat24

that looks like a good list. I love the emerald crabs, the are fun to watch. And with them, you will never get bubble algae

dperna

I was planning on ordering this package soon, if theres no issues that is, but my question would be this. Can i go ahead and get all of these inverts if my tank is new? The tank has been running for years but with nothing in it besides live rock and sand. Over the weekend i transfered everything in it, including the water, but did a 20g water change and replaced it with 20g from my other tank and a maroon clown as well. so would this still be considered a "new tank"?

bcott

I've had my brittle starfish for about 2 years and he is amazing. I love him and he is very peaceful. Hope this helps.

stanlalee

lets put it this way I'm thinking about the nano pack for my 100 gallon. there is no way the amount of inverts used in these packages (not just here but everywhere) are required in the vast majority of typical systems. If I needed what they say to keep my 100g looking acceptable as far as algae control I'd rethink my system not fill it up with 100 inverts.