SWF Airsoft Community...

soviettaco

I've been in this hobby for 6 or so years now and thoroughly enjoy it. Right now I am working on a U.S. Marine impression with either a m4 sopmod or the CQBR. I've got other stuff but it is not as well put together as this next set of gear and arms will be. I'm the founder of G.S.T.F. which will be going to their second official Milsim event on January 16th Op: Midnight Ruse. This is just a small amount of info about me and one of my other hobbies, and I plan on putting up more but wnted to see how many of you are out there.
So I am calling out all of you airsofters to post your info, stories, events, gear, guns, ideas pics and everything else airsoft! Heres some pics for now I need to get up some better ones I always forget to bring the camera to my team's practice field.
My Echo 1 AK-74 extended barrel

My WE Tech 1911 GBB

I've got a bunch of other stuff including my gear but I need to get some pics probably later today... Oh heres a funny one of a guy I was ambushed by at Task Force Iris MILSIM weekend 09. Clearly I had better aim hehe as I was never hit

Here is what I am going for with the marine Impression for M4 (I'll have a holographic intead of the red dot though) and loadout and then the WE MEU 1911 I am also going to be getting

Like I said I will have more pics for you later today and later next month from the Op but for now OORAH!!

stdreb27

We used to play with airsoft guns in college. But it was the crappy stuff you buy at academy, so it was nothing interesting. But we'd play all night, dressed as pirates or ninjas running around our apartment complex... It was all good, until we had a real gun pulled on us by some dumb kid, who lived below us.
So we quietly went inside, the same moron, remarkably had the cops show up ever time he had a party the rest of the year...

soviettaco

IMO its cheaper then salt water aquaria or paintball which I also do so it's ok with me
But yeah you have to have some $ if you want to do it.

socalnano24

In college, my buddies and I used to play capture the flag between three houses across town. We all got the fully automatic replica guns, and would have two groups of about eight people each, two nights a week between like 7 and 9 you could defend your flag, in plain view in a common room. Or invade the other team. There was no getting out if you got hit, it was a matter of how many shots you could take before it got too uncomfortable and you got driven back! Or had to stop and reload. It was great, then the Virginia Tech thing happened, and we decided replica guns near campus was a thing of the past.

soviettaco

Originally Posted by SocalNano24
http:///forum/post/3187486
In college, my buddies and I used to play capture the flag between three houses across town. We all got the fully automatic replica guns, and would have two groups of about eight people each, two nights a week between like 7 and 9 you could defend your flag, in plain view in a common room. Or invade the other team. There was no getting out if you got hit, it was a matter of how many shots you could take before it got too uncomfortable and you got driven back! Or had to stop and reload. It was great, then the Virginia Tech thing happened, and we decided replica guns near campus was a thing of the past.
Oh yeah having stuff like that at school would be a terrible idea especially after VT. My stuff is at home and we do it out in the boonies or the various places that have cqb warehouses, plus some of the guys we have played with in the past are cops, one of which's dad is part of Detroit SWAT so he helps there team T.F.I. learn some crazy stuff for cqb. We've also got a lot of ex-military who do some training and tactics workshops with us evey now and then.

socalnano24

Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO
http:///forum/post/3187499
Oh yeah having stuff like that at school would be a terrible idea especially after VT. My stuff is at home and we do it out in the boonies or the various places that have cqb warehouses, plus some of the guys we have played with in the past are cops, one of which's dad is part of Detroit SWAT so he helps there team T.F.I. learn some crazy stuff for cqb. We've also got a lot of ex-military who do some training and tactics workshops with us evey now and then.
FYI once you get out of the SWF forum lingo I have no FI what the F your talking about. lol

jemshores

http:///forum/post/3187163
I've been in this hobby for 6 or so years now and thoroughly enjoy it. Right now I am working on a U.S. Marine impression with either a m4 sopmod or the CQBR. I've got other stuff but it is not as well put together as this next set of gear and arms will be. I'm the founder of G.S.T.F. which will be going to their second official Milsim event on January 16th Op: Midnight Ruse. This is just a small amount of info about me and one of my other hobbies, and I plan on putting up more but wnted to see how many of you are out there.
So I am calling out all of you airsofters to post your info, stories, events, gear, guns, ideas pics and everything else airsoft! Heres some pics for now I need to get up some better ones I always forget to bring the camera to my team's practice field.
My Echo 1 AK-74 extended barrel

My WE Tech 1911 GBB

I've got a bunch of other stuff including my gear but I need to get some pics probably later today... Oh heres a funny one of a guy I was ambushed by at Task Force Iris MILSIM weekend 09. Clearly I had better aim hehe as I was never hit

Here is what I am going for with the marine Impression for M4 (I'll have a holographic intead of the red dot though) and loadout and then the WE MEU 1911 I am also going to be getting

Like I said I will have more pics for you later today and later next month from the Op but for now OORAH!!
Taco...you are a man of many facets! LOL Did that fella up above take a hit...wow that looks sore! Anyway, I have a few of those weapons too-BUT, in Florida we have tree rats, lots of them. Paintball worked for awhile till my neighbors houses were peppered in pinks and blues. Now the air rifle looks better, and I feel meaner! Strategy is key to hitting one of those suckers. Everytime I walk outside they start chattering and warning "others" to my wraith. Its a riot. Just mssing the camo...maybe for Xmas!

fishtaco

No airsoft, but I do have a pellet gun that shoots 1200 fps which is pretty awesome combined with a well-sighted scope.
Fishtaco

troy989

if u want a marine look get mf sopmod and m9 imo we is awesome but marines dont use 1911 thats the navy i heard navy started using springfield 1911

soviettaco

Originally Posted by troy989
http:///forum/post/3189747
if u want a marine look get mf sopmod and m9 imo we is awesome but marines dont use 1911 thats the navy i heard navy started using springfield 1911
Well the COLT 1911 was phased out I believe in 2005 for everybody which is stupid because a .45 has better stopping power the a 9mm, and the men and women in the field have voiced that opinion. The .45 stays in the body creating a large cavity while the 9mm rounds the M9 uses are cut clean and go straight through. The marines still use 1911 depending on the units MEU I know for a fact does us Colt 1911s. As for a Springfield 1911 I know the federal gov has changed to that havn't heard of the navy though.

nissan577

http:///forum/post/3189849
Are you sure your a Marine cause its Oorah

they also use hoo-rah!
! wow...

here
Ooh-rah (also spelled Urah or Hoo-rah) is a spirited cry common to United States Marines since the mid-20th century.

soviettaco

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/3189852
they also use hoo-rah!
! wow...

here
Ooh-rah (also spelled Urah or Hoo-rah) is a spirited cry common to United States Marines since the mid-20th century.
Yep I know, Marines wanna be HOO-AH!! HUA!!! Heard. Understood. Aknowledged.