SWF.com prices

saltyj

sometimes I think they try and say things are on "sale" but the prices seem to always be the same. For instance the Flame Angel is always 29.99, but it is on sale now for 29.99 :notsure:
I will probably get flamed (no pun intended) for this, but hey I am just being observant. Though I have seen some good deals I have been waiting for the FA to go on a real sale.

sea goblin

I would consider 29.99 a good deal already...my LFS sells them for 50-60 bucks. 29.99 is what i paid for my coral beauty from there which typically is a less expensive fish than that flame.
Sea Goblin

saltyj

They can sell cheaper here because you have to buy in bulk to get the free shipping. Which is great if you need 75 bucks worth of stuff which I don't right now. It is great if you need a bunch of stuff to start a tank, but once you get started it is useless.

cimpow137

i basically agree with saltyJ its all good when you are starting and want a whole bunch of stuff but once you get all established its only the occasional invert,coral, or fish. and having to buy 75$ isnt to bad cuz shipping is free but having to buy 75$ where alot of the stuff is pretty cheap which means you have to get alot sorta sucks....

stapler

There are always enough things to order from this site. Maybe you only need 1 fish, but you could always order a piece of coral(unless you dont have any room in your tank...highly dought it). Order a few snails and hermits...mine tend to make lunch of one another every once in a while.
I could easily find $75 worth of stuff to buy here....and you could always sell stuff back to your LFS if you are tired of it, or its a coral that is getting to big.
Im not trying to be a jerk by any means....just think that you can never run out of new ideas and species to put in your tank!
JMO
stapler

saltyj

I am not arguing that the prices are to expensive I am just making an observation on the "sale" thing. I love this site and if I need enough stuff and it was ALL IN STOCK AT ONCE I would buy from here.

wid

anyone know how the 'free shipping' work ? sometime I see that in one of two fish. but seems like you still need to get up to 75 dollar to complete the sale, and get free shipping, right ?
Wid

technik

The prices on fish are awesome. I purchased 6 fish for 115.00 shipped. That saved me 100.00 over LFS prices. The corals prices here are higher then some of the other online stores if you buy 4 or more, but for 1-3 its the best deal around due to the free shipping.