SWF.com shipping

leopard_babe

I have never ordered from swf.com, but was curious about there shipping. I cannot find that information on the website.
Could someone tell me if I buy rock, or sand how long does it take to ship??
If you buy fish how long does it take to get the fish??
Is it a UPS delivery??
Do you have to sign for your fish??
Does the person delivering the fish know that there is a live animal in the box?
I was just curious. I have only bought fish from lfs. I would love to do the online thing, I am just a little nervous about the idea of my fish in a box. From what I have read people are very happy with swf.com's service and when I get my tank ready to add fish I would love to try the online gig.
Anybody have answers for me??

tr1gger

Could someone tell me if I buy rock, or sand how long does it take to ship?? LR and LS is shipped ground service unless specified diffrently. LRis not submerged in water so there will be die off. LS im sure comes in bags with some water in them just as you see in the LFS
If you buy fish how long does it take to get the fish?? They ship daily overnight

Is it a UPS delivery?? They use Fed Ex

Do you have to sign for your fish?? Yes you do

Does the person delivering the fish know that there is a live animal in the box? I cant answer that, Hopefully if they did their job correctly they would know what is going on with each package. They are marked rush and perishable

Give them a try, i have only read good things about them

kowaleski

actually you do not have to sign for the box- they leave it on my door step everytime and the box they come in actually says something to the effect- thank you fedex employess for extra care live fish

nycbob

yep, no longer has to sign for the package. it was a new policy that was implemented a few months back.

leopard_babe

hmm...
I have a crazy one year old, so I just thought if I couldn't get to the door would they leave a living animal in a box on the sun on my porch. I guess that answers my question.
I'm gonna start with the live rock first. lol

bigpapa

Originally Posted by Leopard_babe
http:///forum/post/2745635
hmm...
I have a crazy one year old, so I just thought if I couldn't get to the door would they leave a living animal in a box on the sun on my porch. I guess that answers my question.
I'm gonna start with the live rock first. lol
They are pretty good at delivering when you ask.. Just find out when your local fedex standard overnight delivers to your area and you will probably be able to narrow it down to about a 1/2 hr window.
Another way that I have started doing is just doing a Fedex hold for pickup. That way the package is not in the delivery truck in your area at all. For me that means that I can go to my local station at 9am and just get it the morning of the delivery.(better than waiting for my aprox 2pm delivery time)--which means in the truck around the hottest part of the day.
Other than that, they package everything great and have there guarentee on there livestock that is great--I havent had to use it much but when there is an issue I always get a credit.. so no real worries about shipping.
Hope this helps