swf live rock

squidworth

Getting the logistics of setting a tank laid out and want to know about swf live rock. I am going to purchase about 45-50 lbs to start. What will I need to do to rock bought from here to get it into a new tank? I mean very new. I am trying to get a time line together for starting the tank and getting sand and rock into it and at what point I should do it.

T

therock0861

If you order from them tonight you will have your rock by Wednesday like me. I ordered Sunday came Wednesday. It will take 2 to 3 weeks to cycle your tank with it depending how much die off you have upon arrival. It should arrive at your door 50-80% cured. I would also lay some live sand to help speed the process up. You will be able to put the rock in immediately upon delivery.

squidworth

So I could set up the tank, get salinity right, temp and ph right and put rock right in from the fed ex guy no problem?

biggdriver

If you want less die off cycle the tank first and then add the live rock. Running the main cycle first and then adding will still create a mini cycle but the ammonia won't be nearly as high and you are more likely to keep more of the inhabitants alive rather than killing them with an ammonia spike.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I got SWF.com LR and LS at the same time and never did have a cycle. This was in Nov and everything is still fine.