swf order arrived

jessica47421

I got my order from here today. i put in the instuctions deliever after 3pm, the order was on my door step at 930am and i was not schedules off work till 3. also the corals i ordered are so small you can hardly see them on the rock they came on and the other is shrivled up in a ball??? the bags was all leaking there is 1/2 inch of water or more in the bottom of the styro box they arrived in. the scallop looks brown and dead on the inside hope everything makes it, but i am not pleased at all with the value of the products, compared to the money i spent, could have bought better at a lfs.
also tested the water in the bag with the lmb (salinity level) and it was so low it didnt even register on the hydrometer.?????

hot883

Ok, the delivery time is the shippers fault not swf.com. You have not recieved many corals through the mail as they are always shriveled up when they arrived. Remember they have been a closed dark box for a day or so. Aclimate them as the instructions say and then post if there are problems.
IMO, you should not be so fast in bashing swf.com.
If there are issues then we can forward this to Admin. and they will square it away.
Last note. Throw the plastic swing arm hydrometer away and buy a refractomemter as they are 1000% more accurate IMO than the plastic hydrometers.
Barry

jessica47421

i will do so, but salinity still should register on them they do in my tank. also sorry about the harshness of my post but spening that kind of money i expected a little more.

sigmachris

I am not taking sides with the shipment, but just pointing something out with the hydrometer. I had the same problem this weekend and I will be upgrading to the refractometer.
I've found out this weekend that the dried salt inside the hydrometer can make the arm stick in position zero. I went to measure my tanks this weekend and the arm wouldn't budge. I had to wash it out, knock it around, before it would move to my tanks normal reading.

hot883

Originally Posted by jessica47421
i will do so, but salinity still should register on them they do in my tank. also sorry about the harshness of my post but spening that kind of money i expected a little more.
They will open up. Give them a chance. How can you expect "a little more" when they just arrived? It sometimes takes days for corals to open once they are in the tank, IF your parameters are on!

jessica47421

should the scallop look brown inside? i have one in my tank now and it is bright red. and in not sure but alot of the water leaked out of the bags and there was hardly any water in some of the bags, could this b a problem?

spanko

I hear what everyone is saying but did everyone miss "the bags was all leaking there is 1/2 inch of water or more in the bottom of the styro box they arrived in" statement. My LFS usually double bags live purchases. Seem like this might be good for all internet shippers do adopt also.
I think most everything will be okay Jessica, and if it isn't I am sure SWF will square it with you.

hot883

Originally Posted by jessica47421
should the scallop look brown inside? i have one in my tank now and it is bright red. and in not sure but alot of the water leaked out of the bags and there was hardly any water in some of the bags, could this b a problem?
Could be a problem. How does it smell? Scallops are not good for the aquariums anyway. They will not survive very long at all. This is contributed to them not getting enough to eat as they move constantly. They are sold by every dealer in the world because they are cheap and attractive.

jessica47421

yeah i got one and my brother got one at the same time at a lfs about 2-3 weeks ago and mine is doing wonderful and i feed him he is stuck to one rock and he does not move at all besides opening and closing i feed him daily and he opens up real wide i got ripped off though at 25.00. but my brothers on the other hand died the 4th day he had him so he ordered the one from here. im not sure about the odor bc he came and got it when it got here bag was never opened but i will check with him on that. what is the average life span on these? i feed mine with air tubing i fill up then let it out right above him and i know he gets it, bc i see it go inside the shell, hope he works out for a while thought, they said at the lfs if they are open that is a real good sign and it means they are doing well.

walmart

SWF is so much cheaper than lfs. but add shipping and stuff but still i could get 30-50 bucks off certain fish. and ive heard great things about the health of the fish.

jessica47421

yes the fish that i recieved seemed to be in good health but like i said when i posted earlier when i tested the salinty in the bag, it didnt even register and i tested my water with it and it registered so i know the hydrometer works it might not be the best but it does work. but the corals i didnt seem to think was in good health but as someone said earlier it takes a few days to get used to things. so i will see what happense and the thing that bothered me the most was most of the water had leaked out during transport, so i was worried about it

steve24

Originally Posted by 04mach
Ive ordered from this site many times and was EXTREMLY happy every time.

ghola5

I had ordered online some leather corals from another site and when they came I was kinda worried about them as I had posted on here, what I did do right away is contact the place I had gotten them from, I e-mailed them pics of my corals in my tank on the 3rd day having them. They looked over the pics and said they looked fine, it took a few days and all opened but one and I sent more pics to them and they gave me my money back on the one that died, the others are doing great. Give them a little time to open but if u really dont feel to well about them, I would take pics asap. and send them to where ever you ordered them.

jessica47421

yeah im hoping they will open up soon, they seem to be doing ok though. i think they might be in to much water current, i should i have waited to post something for a few days bc i just was worried never ordered on line before and just thought it should be a little differnt probly my mistake, and i would like to say sorry for not waiting to see how things went before posting.