SWF order

kderider

I just got my first order from this site!! Very excited! I got a clown goby, cleaner shrimp, and a queen conch. I also ordered 10 nassarius snails, but they didn't come. I e-mailed the site. Has anyone had this happen to them. I have only heard good things about this site, and am sure that they will correct the problem. What do you guys think??

maelv

Originally Posted by kderider
I just got my first order from this site!! Very excited! I got a clown goby, cleaner shrimp, and a queen conch. I also ordered 10 nassarius snails, but they didn't come. I e-mailed the site. Has anyone had this happen to them. I have only heard good things about this site, and am sure that they will correct the problem. What do you guys think??

I ordered from them....and nearly all (except 2) of my turbo snails came in dead...as did a cleaner shrimp. But I just simply shipped them back and got credited the amount.
I have nothing bad to say about SWF. I have bought dry goods from them as well in the past, and they have always been quick in completing the order. And I will order from these guys again, no doubt.
In this hobby, deaths happen in shipping....just one of them things....it happens daily for the LFS, although not advertised...
The guys here are good and will get you squared away.

teen

yea, im sure they just forgot to pack them up. im sure they'll make things right.

kderider

Man, you guys are quick!!! I thought i was the only one online all day. Everything else is great, the queen conch is flipping around in the bucket I am acclimating in. The goby is adorable, and the shrimp is very active. I am very happy with everything so far!!!

renogaw

ehh, you're better off not getting this sites nassarous snails. they aren't the good tonga ones. i'd try to get them at your local fish store. they are much better.
here's what they look like:

teen

the nassarius i got from thsi site never leave my sand bed. exactly what i wanted them to do.

psu

They'll make it right. They are great to deal with. Just received another shipment from them today at 10:30 and everything looking great like always.

jhebi

Agree.....SWF always guarantee your live goods. I just got my 2 picassos clownfish today, they are acclimating.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by teen
the nassarius i got from thsi site never leave my sand bed. exactly what i wanted them to do.
100% agreed

scgator

They even gave me a credit for a lettuce nudi that turned to snot! Couldn't send it back so e-mailed them and they took care of me.

kderider

Well, I got an e-mail from them already! They want to put a credit on my account. I had to put together a 100.00 order to get what I wanted. Now, if I want to get snails, I have to put another 100.00 order in?? I am not very happy about it. I understand that mistakes happen, but this was not my mistake, why do I have to pay for it? I am waiting for a reply to my 2nd e-mail. We'll see what happens.

scgator

You could always see if there is someone in your area that is wantingto buy something and either split and order. They could give you the $ to buy their order and you get your credit.

Originally Posted by scgator
They even gave me a credit for a lettuce nudi that turned to snot! Couldn't send it back so e-mailed them and they took care of me.
LOL - gross....but yea, I agree these people are great to deal with. I'm a SWF.com junkie -
Thier email is down or something because I tried to email them about my last order and it bounced back to me.....Hopefully they'll get it back up soon so I can resend it.

teen

its not worth it for them to pay for overnight shipping to send a few bux worth of snails. i mean i know its there fault and all, but its not logical for them to overnight an order for around $50 for just nass. snails.

nycbob

they sent me the wrong fish one time, but they credited my credit card the next day. great service.

S

swalchemist

Yeh they should credit you the amount but it would be best if they just sent the snails it really is not that much of a loss to them IMO but then again customer service varies place to place.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by usefulidiot213
The nassarous snails I got from here stay on the glass all day
.... What the heck...
What substrate do you have?

srfisher17

According to the guarantee; DOA stuff is credited to your credit card, livestock that doesn't make the 15 days is credited toward future orders. If something was missing I would think that would be the same as DOA. But, then what's to stop someone from "claiming" a fish was missing? I like to think we're a very honest group; and have always been treated that way by SWF.C.