swf's lr

fishkid2

Hey guys
I here that this lr is really good from here so I going to buy some.
Post any comments on this lr please?
If I order some on Tuesday will it come on Friday? Thats when I am supposed to get all my supplies.

splatshot

I ordered some last year and it was great quality, lots of shapes, sizes, color.
I would order again.

fishkid2

One good reponse so far. How much did you order?
This time I am not going with cheaper lr from other websites.

shoregirl2

I first ordered 50 lbs last year, it was really nice -colors, shapes so I ordered another 50 lbs., it has been over a year and I've really gotten some nice hitchhikers, so far I've noticed lots of little duster clusters, some small feather dusters, some sponges and most recently I noticed a new colony of zoas. I'm very happy!!

T

tfolke1

I picked up the 45-50 lb box to do a better job filling out my 75G. It was cheaper and had much more color on it than the first 100lbs I ordered from a competing site.

fishkid2

I guess there is no bad responses on this lr unless someone got a bad hitchicker.
When do I order so I get the lr on Friday?

T

tizzo

I was very lucky also. I got a million hitchhikers, including a flame scallop and a capnella coral and more, but not one aiptasia, or mantis or anything bad...

C

cmaxwell39

I ordered 50 pounds as well and was very pleased with it. Nice variety of size and shape. No bad hitchhikers and it colored up very nicely.

C

cmaxwell39

I believe you can request the delivery day that you want in the special instructions box when you check out. I am pretty sure their live rock is shipped 2-day delivery so in theory you should put your order in Tuesday night so that it is processed Wednesday and gets there Friday, but if it were me I think I would go ahead and order and just ask them to deliver on Friday. HTH

bronco300

you should be ask for a specific delievery day, as for the rock i ordered some a while back and although color was decent, i was not at all pleased with the actual rock...almost 90% were all small baseball softball sized pieces...nice for a nano tank...but for a 75 gallon, in my opinion, not worth much...just my opinion.

fishkid2

So your the only one that did not like the rock so far. Is there anyone else that was not pleased with the rock they got?
Can you ask for bigger pieces of rock when checking out? I don't want to get baseball size pieces of rock that you got before.

C

cmaxwell39

They will send you an email when it ships with a fed-ex tracking number. Did they say that it would not leave their facility for 2 or 3 days or that it would get there in two or three days? IME they are very prompt at getting orders out. Just watch your email.

C

cmaxwell39

By the way...congrats on the new rock. I hope that you are as pleased with yours as I was with mine. Most people that I have seen that have ordered live rock from here have been very happy with it as well.

fishkid2

Hope this rock this is sweet.
Just want to show what rock I got for $2.00 a lb online from a different site. Look how sweet the shapes are and the holes in each one. Its around 20 lbs.