swimming anemone?

clownfish0

Originally Posted by Bronco300
is this a swimming anemone?? if so, can anyone tell me aout them? gracias
Like what do you mean swimming. Like the anemone will just decide to swim over there. Or does it slowly move?

bronco300

it is what an anemone is titled...a "swimming anemone" it can actually swim....i got it with some zoos, and when it was in the bag i saw these things swimming in the bag...crazy things....

clownfish0

it is what an anemone is titled...a "swimming anemone" it can actually swim....i got it with some zoos, and when it was in the bag i saw these things swimming in the bag...crazy things....
I have never heard of a swimming anemone. You should get a video of this. :thinking:

alyssia

Originally Posted by clownfish0
I have never heard of a swimming anemone. You should get a video of this. :thinking:

yeah, that would be neat to see

speg

Originally Posted by clownfish0
There are actually swimming anemones :p Its a species.
Actually these do look a lot like the pics of swimming anemones i've seen... except that the tentacles are a bit thicker than the ones i've seen in pics...... but i'd say if you actually SEEN them swimming.. then there really isnt much else that they could be =c)

bronco300

haha, thanks speg!! could thing these things let go pretty easy, away they shall go...maybe ill see if i cant get a video first, could be a good thing for hitch hiker thread maybe?

T

thomas712

Boloceroides mcmurrich or Boloceroides mcmurrichii. sorry don't know much about them, but if my anemones swam then they wouldn't be in the tank with my fish and corals.
If you want to send them to me I'll study them in my 55 gallon fuge.

Thomas

bronco300

haha, are you serious? you want them to study em? how would i ship them? i guess a swimming anemone kinda is self explanatory if its bad or not huh,lol...

clownfish0

Originally Posted by Thomas712
Boloceroides mcmurrich or Boloceroides mcmurrichii. sorry don't know much about them, but if my anemones swam then they wouldn't be in the tank with my fish and corals.
If you want to send them to me I'll study them in my 55 gallon fuge.

Thomas
dare devil.

bronco300

here is another pic of the crazy thing...they moved a little bit...im gonna see if they swim, take some pics...and put them in something, so if someone wants them tell me now because i dont want them moving around in my tank and getting out of hand on me,lol.

bronco300

holy crap, these things are INSANE! they seem to be able to hold on to rocks with their tenticles as well...i put them in the tank in a plastic cup, i found one on the other side of the tank, so no risks of keeping em in there....but i have to get the videos in a different format...so it may be a bit. be patient!

bronco300

they are being verified on google video right now, so once they clear it you all will see FOUR videos of SWIMMING ANEMONES!

speg

Well.. in the Marine Invertebrates book by Ron Shimek he has some info on swimming anemones.. I was gonna write down the info word for word from the book.. but oddly enough I have missplaced it and cant find it anywhere.... so if someone has that book feel free to shed some light on the subject :)

bronco300

yes, please share :joy: maybe i'll let one stay in my refuge...they are pretty cool looking, minus the whole stinging killing possibility aspect ***)

clownfish0

here is another pic of the crazy thing...they moved a little bit...im gonna see if they swim, take some pics...and put them in something, so if someone wants them tell me now because i dont want them moving around in my tank and getting out of hand on me,lol.
that looks like an alien